Biology in 1º ES
Students from 1º ES have been working in a "Cell Analogy Project".
* Relate cell organelles functions to real world systems.
* Illustrate the systems of a working cell in terms of the systems of the real world.
* Produce a product that is neat, clear and creative.
- Each student will work independently
- Choose a real world working system and decide how each organelle of the eukaryotic cell can be compared to the components and functions of the real world system. Some ideas are: School, Hospital, City, Mall, Country, Restaurant, Lab, Salon, Construction Site, Prison, etc.
- Illustrate the real world system and the cell you are comparing it to. This must be on poster board or a blank paper and neatly drawn by you. It must be colored and show very high effort. Not artistic? Trace diagrams, make pictures on the computer…get creative!
- The cell image and real world system image both must be labeled.
- On a separate sheet, attached to the front or back of your poster board, on a three column include the organelle, the analogous structure, and a sentence that explains the analogy.
Make sure you have all the organelles included
Organelles to be included and MUST be numbered in this order:
2. Cell Wall (plant cells only)
3. Endoplasmic reticulum (rough and smooth can be same structure)
4. Golgi Apparatus
8. Plasma Membrane
11. Chloroplasts (plant cells only)
Here is an example: